Being a Senior Project Manager at Sigma Software means to lead a Competence Center and to run a portfolio of projects in a specific business domain, responsible for both overall portfolio success and the success of all people you lead. You have to possess a few key expertise in deep, but generally contribute to all areas forming the present and future of the Competence Center.
Don’t worry, you will get help from a Program Manager and your mentor, who is responsible for both your success and the success of the larger unit, combining a few Competence Centers together.
You can’t miss a chance to apply for it, if:
- Delivery Management and Delivery organization growth is your #1 priority . Even though you may not be managing all of the projects personally, you are responsible for each project in your portfolio and the quality of service provided
- Every day you improve your expertise in service delivery models and project process tailoring, as well as coaching skills to help your team of PMs, because you know that your team of PMs is your key to success
- You know how to handle force-major issues and, if it is necessary, can take over the steering wheel of a specific assignment, to help Project Manager in getting it out of skidding. This is why SPM’s expertise in project and delivery management has to be so profound
- You take an active role in not only keeping constant close contact with key teammates but also take part in choosing the best experts on the market to make the Center even stronger and more attractive
- You keep a close eye and constantly take proactive and corrective actions on KPIs, such as revenue, profitability, utilization, and attrition
- You can act as an Account Manager on specific assignments and allocate time to review a new business proposal prepared by one of your PMs
As an SPM, you’ll contribute to two areas: big project and collaboration with customer from Denmark and huge tasks related to account and a PM team.
You’ll also face such things:
- work in a large Scrum team of highly-skilled specialists (and we mean it!)
- participate in the product roadmap creation and long-term planning
- maintain and develop relations with the customer
- propose new ideas on the processes to address the project needs