Series B New York-based technology startup, Beeswax (https://www.beeswax.com/about/) provides extremely high-scale Bidder-as-a-Service solutions in advertising technology, works with global businesses, and has to date raised $28M (incl. the most recent Series B raise of $15M).
Sigma Software works together with Beeswax to enable the delivery of numerous key components of the platform and is looking for engineers to complement Beeswax engineering team and drive further platform's development.
About the Principal Engineer Role
As a Principal Engineer on the Web API side, you will be driving the next-generation API platform for the entirety of the company; this is a leadership role involving direct ownership and technical supervision of global distributed engineering teams, including engineers in Ukraine and the U.S.
You will be working on a team of passionate engineers who built a technology that drove massive scale, multiple successful fundraises, and unique customers, and taking it to the next level.
There isn’t an engineering task that is not possible, too complex, or otherwise unattainable. You break it down and find ways to reach the goals through simplification and focus.
You look for simple solutions to hard problems, enable people around you to succeed and optimize processes. You are an excellent troubleshooter, clear communicator, and you are not afraid to think big and push the industry forward by bringing your experience to the team.
You teach others, take ownership, drive results, and take pride in your work, and the work of your team.
You may have worked abroad in international companies, led engineering teams, and are looking for a place where you can be empowered to deliver real results at an extremely high scale.
- 5+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API (i.e., Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.)
- A solid understanding of relational databases (Beeswax uses Amazon Aurora MySQL)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes and concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- A solid understanding of Django Rest Framework
- A strong grasp of software architecture (from classes or self-learning)
- An appreciation (or tolerance of) bee puns